- Broad spectrum anti-inflammatory
- Antioxidant capable of lowering oxidative stress and markers of aging
- Repairs cellular mitochondrial energy production
- Improves cellular ability to use oxygen (oxidative phosphorylation)
- Short-term, long-term and working memory improvement
- Shown to improve depression, anxiety, psychosis, schizophrenia
- Shown to improve Alzheimer's, dementia, Parkinson's
- Promotes autophagy (the cell's garbage removal system)
- Reduces harmful Nitric Oxide
- Metabolic enhancer
400mcg per drop
Above USP standards for purity.
What does Methylene Blue actually do? Methylene Blue has the fantastic ability of being able to repair damaged tissue, cells and mitochondria, allowing them to restore proper energy function.
It restores the most proper, organized, and efficient pathway of energy production in the mitochondria, where oxygen and carbohydrate are consumed, and ATP, CO2, and water are created.
It specifically has its effect in the electron transport chain (ETC), where it can act as a redox agent, meaning it can reduce itself, or oxidize itself wherever necessary. This means that it can donate electrons in the ETC where more electrons are needed, and can receive electrons when there are too many. This is a large component of its reparative effect.
By 2010, a total of 11,000 studies on MB had been published on PubMed, and the therapeutic effects are well known in the medical research community.
Still, the FDA has only recognized the use of MB for treatment of methemoglobinemia, urinary tract infection prevention, cyanide and carbon monoxide poisoning, and treatment of septic shock. For that reason, this product is available to purchase for research purposes only.
I'll provide a brief list of the things that I would consider to be the marquee benefits of Methylene Blue, as well as some of the conditions it has had a positive effect on in research. After that I will leave several fascinating studies linked with a brief quote to summarize, for your own exploration and interest.
This information is meant for educational purposes only.
*These Statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Association, or Health Canada. These products are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.